Give Your Favorite Devices Their Own Prioritized Gigabit Ethernet Port. They’ll Love You For It.
Boasting transfer rates up to 500Mbps and D-Link’s QoS Traffic Optimization Technology Engine to prioritize bandwidth, the DHP-540 AV 4 Port Gigabit Switch has the performance and the smarts to handle any digital demands you can throw at it. Use the DHP-540’s ports to ensure high performance online gaming or seamless 1080p HD video streams always get top bandwidth priority. With this Switch in your home or office you can organize and manage your traffic flow and get the most out of your broadband connection. Go Ahead: Skype®, download, stream, chat, game, surf – PowerLine lets you do it all at once, from anywhere in your home without annoying glitches or lags in your digital entertainment.
Need more coverage? Check out our individual AV Adapters and extend your PowerLine network exactly where you need it.
Connect to Anything, Anywhere: PowerLine Meets Your Digital Demands.
Run your desktop and multiple laptops off your wireless router upstairs, and simultaneously power and prioritize bandwidth for your entire digital entertainment center in the basement. With a PowerLine 541 AV Starter Kit you can build a custom PowerLine network to deliver 500 Mbps speed and connectivity over the existing wiring of your building’s electrical system. HDTVs, the Boxee Box by D-Link, Blu-Ray Players, network storage drives, Xbox®
360, Playstation 3, security cameras - power them all, all at once, without annoying glitches or lags. With a PowerLine Network you not only have the freedom to connect your favorite devices anywhere you need them, but also the 500 Mbps speed and advanced QoS bandwidth optimization to prioritize heavier traffic, and deliver seamless digital entertainment.
Create a Wall-To-Wall Home Network, Instantly.
PowerLine technology transmits data along the wiring of a building’s existing electrical system, providing a secure and reliable broadband connection to places impossible to reach with a wireless signal. Use your 541 AV Starter Kit to build a custom PowerLine network and deliver performance – up to 500Mbps –connectivity exactly where you need it. Just connect your Internet source device to the included PowerLine Adapter, plug the PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch into any electrical outlet, and connect up to 4 high-performance devices to the switch. Power your entertainment center and keep your home clean and cable-free. PowerLine is the ideal networking solution for homes or small offices where concrete walls, successive floors in multi-storied buildings, or other architectural impediments can significantly weaken a wireless coverage and create dead spots.
Get Wireless Freedom and Wired Reliability.
Because a PowerLine Network is hard-wired, there is no external ‘ambient’ interference common to even the most powerful wireless systems. PowerLine Network Technology is HomePlug AV compliant and works across phases in your building’s electrical box to transmit data reliably by intelligently adapting to the strongest signal channels. Data and electricity transmit at very different frequencies, so there’s never a problem of electrical interference or shorting with a PowerLine device. And with Noise Filtering, interference from external devices such as vacuums or blenders is also diminished.
Setup? PowerLine is Plug and Play. And That’s It.
Building your PowerLine network from the ground up is a cinch. Just connect your Internet source device to the included PowerLine Adapter, plug the PowerLine AV 540 4-Port Gigabit Switch into any electrical outlet, and connect up to 4 high-performance devices to the Switch. D-Link’s ‘Simple Connect’ button will establish a 128-bit security encrypted connection over your PowerLine network in a flash. With PowerLine, there are no cables to run, holes to drill or wireless signals to configure, delivering blazing-fast connectivity – up to 500 Mbps – to any device, anywhere in the home is as easy as plug and play.
Create An Ultra-Secure Home Network.
PowerLine protects your network with 128-bit AES data security encryption – the same technology used in E-commerce or online banking. Create your own network name and password or put it at the tip of your fingers with ‘Push Button Security’ standard on every PowerLine device. With hassle-free plug and play installation, and advanced security the PowerLine AV 500 4-Port Gigabit Switch Kit is not only one of the fastest networking solutions available, it’s also one of the safest.
Get Ready for the Future - IPV6 Equipped
With the growing number of Internet-enabled applications requiring IP addresses, the supply of IP addresses under the current Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) system has already been exhausted. The IPv6 protocol solves this network addressing exhaustion by creating more IP addresses, but migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is not necessarily automatic. No worries - This D-Link product is IPv6 Certified and ready for the future.
- Goes into power-saving mode when no data link is detected after 5 minutes
- Complies with the EU RoHS directive that restricts the use of certain hazardous materials
- Uses soy ink and recyclable packaging to reduce harmful environmental waste
PowerLine Network devices automatically power down when not in use or connected, and the LEDs have a manual ‘disable’ switch to conserve energy. D-Link Green devices provide eco-friendly alternatives without compromising performance. They are designed to help conserve energy, protect our environment from harmful substances and reduce waste by using recyclable packaging. To learn more about D-Link Green, please visit: www.dlinkgreen.com.
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3u
- Compatible with IEEE 1901
- HomePlug AV
- Ethernet Interface
- Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Port with Auto MDI/MDIX
- Maximum Phy Rate
- 500 Mbps1
- Powerline Frequency Band
- 2MHz to 68zMHz
- Integrated QoS prioritizes media and data
- 128-bit AES encryption
- Power Input
- 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
- Operating Temberature
- 30o to 104o F (0o to 40o C)
- Operating Humidity
- 10% to 90% non-condensing
- CE EMC ClassB
- FCC Part 15 Class B
- CE LVD
- 3.9" x 2.8" x 2.1' (100mm x 70mm x 53mm)
- Maximum throughput based on theoretical transmission PHY rate. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of traffic and network overhead, may lower actual data throughput rate. Interference from devices that emit electrical noise, such as vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, may adversely affect the performance of this product. This product may interfere with devices such as lighting systems that have a dimmer switch, short wave radios, or other powerline devices that do not follow the HomePlug Powerline Alliance standard.
- Power outlets and electrical wiring must all be part of the same electrical system. Certain electrical conditions in your home, such as wiring conditions and configuration may effect the performance of this product. A minimum of two D-Link Powerline AV Network Adapters are required to create a network. Connecting this product to a power strip with a surge protector may adversely affect the performance of this product. For best results, plug adapter directly into a power outlet.
- 24/7 Basic Installation Support is available only in the USA for the first 30 days from date of original purchase.
- 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
- Latest Software and Documentation available at http://support.dlink.com.
- Computer must adhere to Microsoft’s recommended system requirements.
Product specifications, size, and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted on the package. See inside package for warranty details. D-Link PoweLine AV 500 Adapters (DHP-500AV) may coexist with but are not compatible or interoperable with D-Link PowerLine HD Ethernet Kit (DHP-301) or D-Link PowerLine HD Network Starter Kit (DHP-303). This product is designed for use in the USA and Canada. Use of this product in other countries might violate local laws.